Wednesday 18 June 2008

Amazon#2: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Edition Box Set)

Far Fetched.

Link - 3 stars.

I can't say I cared for these films. The basic premise was ridiculous - I've never seen a man wear a ring (let alone a ridiculous miniature version of a man) - and then it just gets worse from there, featuring all kinds of animals that don't exist. I haven't lived an especially long life, but I've never seen an orc, elf, dwarf or Bernard Hill, so I find it an affront to my dignity and intelligence to have to watch them endlessly paraded in front of me in my own home.

I'm the kind of gentleman who has to finish watching something once it started, and I'm disgusted that I lost 10 hours of my life to this far fetched, unrealistic trash.

Three stars.

NB - worth clicking on the link to see the random comments.

No comments: