Monday 14 July 2008

Amazon #18: Brabantia 135x45 Raindrops Ironing Board

3 stars.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with R. Patel "Bush4ever" from Texas (otherwise known as the "backwards state") - while the price is certainly competitive, I'm unsure that this really is an ironing board.

The measurements of 135x45 certainly seem accurate on the surface, but if you look at the picture, you'll see how far the legs stick out either side - such sturdiness goes far above what you'd expect from an average ironing board, and I suspect this has more sinister uses that the manufacturers know all about - after having done some research I'm certain it involves Portugal's nuclear capabilities, David Shayler and several capybaras. Watch this space world!

ps - it actually works quite well as an ironing board too. Alas! I have no iron, so I've only used it in an imaginary capacity so far - but it didn't disappoint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Brabantia Sensor bin? It magically opens when you hand is in reach.

A wittering idiot said...

Woah.... I want one, but not to put rubbish in.

Well, it looks like amazon has got it's act together - they now seem to have some kind of new censor thing, and this review still isn't posted. Maybe I need to be more subtle?... anyway, giving up is not an option.