Wednesday 18 June 2008

Amazon#9: Long sleeved shirt

It wrexed my life.

Link - 2 stars.

I bought this to attend a historic football kits fancy dress party - I was going as Wrexham 1897-1900, and while it was not a strict match it was certainly a decent approximation. However, the party occured during the same weekend as Wrexham were relegated out of the football league - needless to say I was not happy. I was a laughing stock for the rest of the evening, and due to my sensitive nature I was forced to leave early, along with Mansfield Town 1911-16. (Even Chesterfield 1892, Dunfermline Athletic and the mid-80s Crystal Palace shirts fared better than me - loathsome kits all, but at least those teams had the decency to get good results that weekend).

The shirt fits, and it is really quite nice and all, but..... the memories of pain will last a lifetime. Goodbye Wrexham, sadly I knew thee.

No comments: