Friday 12 March 2010

Amazon #38: Jigsaw of a portrait of Ryan Shawcross at the annual club photocall at Carrington... from Manchester United

5 stars - link

I was initially quite impressed with this jigsaw - I found it sturdy, solid and dependable, and a good prospect for the future - both in my house and further afield. But worryingly, I began to notice it had a tendency to lunge at other jigsaws in my collection. I first noticed this when I took it on holiday to Belgium, to get some experience and to attune myself to it's idiosyncrasies. It was a small price to pay though, as I found the jigsaw to be sturdy, solid and dependable.

I soon discovered that these tendencies were getting more and more out of control, despite his sturdy, solid and dependable nature - it took me 3 months to finish off my Francis Jeffers jigsaw after he jumped in. It went for my Adebayor jigsaw when he wasn't even on the table at the time - and when he lunged at my Aaron Ramsey jigsaw, the pieces went flying everywhere... I can't see me finishing that one for a while (I've never seen my Sol Campbell jigsaw look so furious).

Sociopathically violent tendencies aside, and considering he also has a face only a smotherer could love, I've found that the Shawcross jigsaw is sturdy, solid and dependable - I also need to add 'committed' to that list; because ultimately, despite all the shattered limbs, broken noses and unrepentant declarations; he's just not that kind of jigsaw.

No comments: