Friday 5 March 2010

Amazon #37: Cars [DVD]

2 stars - link

My three year old loved what I let him watch of this film - however, I found it deeply confusing. I mean, maybe I'm missing the point, but a whole film of talking cars? Is this really what we want to show to our children?

I have to admit, I turned it off after an hour and a half as I was worried that my son was taking it too much to heart - I wonder how much it would weigh on Pixar's 'conscience' if my son decided to make friends with the speeding cars that go past our house? Exactly. Maybe I'm being overly protective, but he'll thank me when he's older hopefully. (Also, Jeremy Clarkson's cameo eradicated any respect I previously had for the man.)

However, it gains a bonus point for what is clearly Paul Newman's role of a lifetime - hopefully it turned out OK for his character in the end.

No comments: